Monday, June 9, 2008

The past and the future

I was speeking to a friend today on the phone, she reminded me of a incedent that occured years ago. It was at a party where my friend (who is a woman) had passed out in a back bed room. We were all setting around drinking beer and talking loudly.
I noticed that one member of our little band was missing.
It didnt take long to put two and two together. I made my way to the back of the house and there was a guy I will call "C". C was atempting to get it on with my friend who was passed out in in the bed. I didn't even stop to wonder about what I was looking at. I grabed C and tossed him out of the room and I think the house.

She has always rememberd that about me. I hadn't thought about in years.
C didn't make it, he is rommored to have died back in the late 80's from a drug over dose.

I think about the teenagers I know, more than a few seem to be better off than we were at their age. Then I realize that it's all the same just diffrent issues.
They take risks just like we did. We just see the end results on news and it's all old news now. We (ME) are numb we are desensetised to the things going on in our world.

The dance didnt change just the music.

No comments: